Pastor of Worship Arts
The Pastor of Worship Arts is a full-time, salaried position directly responsible to the Senior Pastor. He will have the support of a ministry assistant and will give leadership to all aspects of Worship Arts in pursuit of the Church’s mission and vision. He will support the other pastors and ministry leaders by assisting in coordinating and providing worship opportunities for ministry objectives. He will work as a member of the pastoral team, fulfilling the ministry objectives of the church.
The responsibilities include:
- Lead the worship arts ministry to facilitate the development of lifelong worshippers and functions as an integral part of our church discipleship strategy.
- Establish, schedule, and facilitate worship programming for all worship events.
Identify, recruit, and equip musicians and vocalists to utilize their gifts in leading corporate worship events.
In cooperation with the senior pastor, develop appropriate worship arts elements for corporate worship gatherings.
- Effectively lead assigned staff and volunteers serving in Worship Arts ministry.
- Plan for and provide worship programming for special events such as weddings, funerals, and outreach events.
- Develop and manage a budget for the worship arts ministry as part of the church’s comprehensive budget.
- Serve as the “Pastor on Call” on a rotating basis for emergencies, pastoral care, counseling, and hospital ministry.
- Implement a strategy to facilitate both personal and professional development.
- Engage, as part of a pastoral team, in the shepherding and discipling mission of the church.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For more information regarding this position, please forward resume including a current family photograph to Chris Aiken at firstname.lastname@example.org.